Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Not too much progress

On Monday it was back to work for me, except I went back to work at the wrong time, so had a little time to go back to the house. Started out the day at Home Depot buying a new outside power box and breakers.

The morning was mainly spent trying to track down an 8 or 10 foot dryer cord. The store I went to originally said they didn't have any 8 foot cords and that the 10 foot cords weren't made anymore as they were not code. I went back to Jeff Lynch, they called two stores (including the one I had been to earlier) and both had the 10 foot cords in stock. Got my cord at the store that DID NOT claim they weren't made anymore.

After locating the cord, it was back to Home Depot, as the breakers didn't fit the box, and we needed more pipe and conduit.

Finally went in to work after taking a break to go to the Dr about my completely shot nerves. The Dr said I am suffering from anxiety. Really... I'd have never guessed...

Today (Tuesday) it was off to work at the normal time. Didn't hear from mom at all today at work. Found out after work that James had not been by all day. James called in the evening and he had been at the Dr all day with his wife. So, outside box wiring is still not done, as it needs to be grounded and the AC still needs to be wired in. Also think the water heater may need to be wired in as well. The dryer connection is supposed to work and the range does currently work.

Mom got her room primed, but the primer made the wallpaper glue that would not come off come up in some places, so we may now finally be able to get off all that paste, but it will be a massive undertaking. Either that or we will just strip the bubbling up parts.

We also did some more wallpaper stripping in my room. It is slowly coming along.

No comments: