Sunday, February 17, 2008

spring bulbs coming up

I have been out of town or busy every weekend for the last 4 weekends, so I haven't done ANYTHING around the house or the yard. I did notice that my crocuses are up, but it seems that only the yellow ones came back this year. My Brandywine hellebore is also blooming as is the little unnamed hellebore still in its little pot.

My narcissus foliage came up, but either they weren't going to bloom or the timing was off and I have gotten no blooms. The daffodils I planted this fall have started to come up and I've seen daffodils blooming already in other people's yards.

I am finally home this coming weekend, so if the weather is good I hope to move the ruined gazebo up to the road to be hauled away and then try to do some work in my yard. Luckily we have been getting a fair amount of rain, as I have not really watered this winter.

No comments: