Saturday, February 24, 2007

fixed the fence

I have had to take a few weeks off due to being sick will gallbladder attacks and then having gallbladder surgery. Surgery was now three weeks ago and I am feeling a lot better. I had the entire weekend off this weekend, but they are calling for rain tomorrow (Sunday) so I decided that today was the day to finally fix the fence.

I spent from 9 AM until noon cutting out the old falling down field fencing along the one fenceline with my neighbor. I spent the rest of the day putting up new field fencing in the holes. I finished up around 4:30 PM and am hoping my right hand will soon function normally again. I am also hoping the scrap metal dealers come through my neighborhood soon as I have a huge pile of old fencing in my front yard.

The dogs now have a slightly larger yard and now that the fence is fixed and I'm not running fencing to the shack, I can have the shack torn down when I can find someone to do it for a good price and have money for it too.

I ended up buying 5' field fencing from my neighbor across the street (he had a roll he'd never used) so most of my one fenceline is now 5' inside of just 4' like the chain link is in other places.

Unfortunately they are calling for rain tomorrow as I still have a bunch of bare root perennials that I got at Sams that need to be planted.

I also need to replace the doorknob on my mother's room, as the old one accidentally locked when we had guests visiting and we had to remove the knob. The holes in the door that the lock screws into are pretty much stripped, so we are going to have to fill them in with wood putty before trying to install the new lock.

I also bought two seed starting trays and I am planning on trying to start some chinese lanterns. I would like to get a few small pots and try to start a few caladiums as well. I have NO idea if I have enough light in my kitchen, but I figured I would try after I saw that Bill had started seedlings on the table in his grooming shop where there is NO natural light at all.

No comments: