Sunday, June 22, 2008

not much other than watering

Fatsia japonica makes a comebackIt is that time of year, there isn't much to be done in the garden other than watering, harvesting and weeding. I'm sure there are areas I could weed, but trying to kill of the poison ivy is enough for right now. On Friday AM, I cleared the area I plan to plant the fatsia in. I pulled out a bunch of honeysuckle and cut back all the privet that was growing in the area. Once it is a bit cooler, I think I'll need to dig out all the privet stumps and add some compost to the soil. The soil in this area gets really dry from all the tree roots. I still haven't decided if I am going to plant the fatsia this fall or let it grow on in the pot for another year.

Today I watered and harvested and photographed in the morning, then watered and photographed a bit in the afternoon. I did get some good shots.

Daylily 'Fairy Tale Pink'- first bloom for it this year
daylily 'Fairy Tale Pink'

Tomato harvest- 4 Early Girl, 2 German Pink, 1 Cherokee Purple and cherriestomato harvest- 6/22/08

Orange ditch lily
orange daylily

Tricolor sage
tricolor sage

Veggie garden part 1- by the fence
vegetable garden part 1

Veggie garden part 2- in the yard
vegetable garden part 2

No comments: